Monday, July 6, 2009

Even in the valleys the light shines through!

Ok. I'm back.
To make a long, long story short, about four weeks ago I found the dreaded lump on my right breast. I went to my gyn who sent me for an ultrasound who sent results back to doc who made a referral to the Mary Ellen Breast center at Memorial. There I was biopsied, diagnosed with invasive glandular carcinoma, sent to oncologist to discuss treatment and scheduled for surgery. Two weeks ago, I had a lumpectomy and lymph node removal. Answered prayers, the lympth nodes were all beneign and the tumor had clear perimeters. the surgery wasn't bad and I quickly recovered. The bad news is that because of the type and size of tumor, six months of chemo treatments three weeks apart is highly recommended to reduce the chance of having a nother tumor. On the last two weeks of this I will be part of a clinical trial of a brand new type of chemo that targets cancer d n a. (exciting huh?). Then radiation for a few weeks and i'll be back to my normal life!

So.. I found out today that my first treatment will be two weeks from today following my short vacation to fla with Roger, my love and zack (my son) and his son, Garrett. The other not so good news was that within two to three weeks of treatment I will lose my hair, all my hair. Ouch!!! I have been letting it grow out for months for mine and roger's wedding this year (which we haven't set a date for). So much for those plans. Doesn't that just show that God laughs at our silly little plans! BUT the good part is, it will give me an excuse to go with my friend Angie "slum shopping" for hats and scarves. She also says that she will have an excuse to wear all her pink hello killy stuff! True friends are amazing like your Christian family!

Well, now you know what's going with my and why I started blogging again. It will be therapeutic for me and will give my friends a chance to keep up with what's going on, progress, look at bald pics etc....... I got the idea from an old classmate who was diagnosed in March and began blogging. Being reunited with her has a God send. Isn't it great how he puts the right people in our lives at the right time! But then he is God.!
I want to leave you with one of my favorite quotes Iread on someone's refridgerator

If God was small enough to be understood, he wouldn't be big enough to be worshipped!
Have a wonderful day. I plan on blogging from Destin the rest of the week.

"He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading all of this. You might talk to Angie Singleton, because she wears wigs sometimes and they look real. She wears them sometimes just to change her look and you would never know it. Keep me posted on your progress and we are still praying for you and your family. Love ya sister, Kathy