Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Applause of Heaven by Max Lucado

I had to get back on my blog and write about this book.
First of all, you need to know that I am not a reader of fictional books. Instead I try to read something that will speak to me and improve me as a person. This is one of those truly life changing books. I read it about a month ago and decided that it made such an impact on me that i would hilight important parts. I soon realized that I would be highlighting most of the book! If i could, i would give each of you a copy. I can't though so I will include some exerps in my blog. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Buy the book!

From The Applause of Heaven by Max Lucado

What type of joy can Jesus give us?

"It is called sacred delight.
It is sacred because it is not of the earth.
What is sacred is God's and this joy is God's.
It is delight because delight can both satisfy and surprise.

Delight is Bethlehem shepherds dancing a jig outside a cave.
Delight is Mary watching god sleep in a feed trough.
Delight is a while haired Simeon praising God who is about to be circumcised.
Delight is Joseph teaching the creater of the world how to hold a hammer. ....

What is sacred delight?
It is God doing what gods would be doing in only your wildest dreams-wearing diapers, riding donkeys, washing feet, dozing in storms. ....

It's having God as your pinch-hitter, your lawyer, your dad, your biggest fan and your best friend.
God on your side, in your heart, out in front, and protectecting your back.

And it is this sacred delight that Jesus promises in the sermon on the mount. Nine times he promises it and he promisesit to an unlikely crowd."

Amazing! MORE LATER.

No comments: