Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Memorial!

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a blessed day!
i started havin a bad headache about eight o clock last night and it went on all night. it was so bad I was up about two o'clock til three o'clock. i called my oncologist and he wanted me to come in. They took blood and I found out that my white blood counts were still low but my platelets were beginning to come up. He said they would expect them to be rising by the seventeenth day of treatment and was afraid that i might pick up a bacterial infection. He also said that after my next treatment I would get a shot to help my levels stay up in normal range.
He prescribed me two antibiotics for seven days and something to relieve my headaches. the bad thing is he thinks the headaches are a side effect of the med i am taking for nausua.
So, I am still in until fri. Hopefully by then, my counts will be back up and stay up for at least a week. it really makes a difference in how i feel i have learned!
The bad part of it all is that i can't work and i don't get paid if i don't make my visits. so, i am pretty broke. but i also know that the Bible tells me that "God will supply all my needs according to his riches in heaven."
I do have a praise. Zack drove me to doctor and we were able to talk some. He really is an awesome boy. I also saw Steph last night for a while. And Roger started training for his new job. Please pray for him. It is 12 hour shifts and he has been out for a while.
I want to recommend reading Psalm 27. i just read it a few minutes ago. it is awesome.
One thing I still know is the God is good through it all.
Goodnite!

1 comment:

Val said...

I am so sorry you had to go through this but I have to tell you that you are much stronger than I would be so you are such an example of faith to me. Thank you for your blog. Thank you for your strength.